RG 042 Geological Survey

    The office of the State Geological Survey was established in 1855 to carry on a geological and mineralogical survey of the state. Transferred to the newly created Department of Natural Resources (DNR) in 1986, the Geological Survey continues to be responsible for investigating Iowas geological resources and managing a Geological Survey of the state. In 2013, DNR worked out a legal agreement with the University of Iowa, by which the Geological Survey is now a part of the University of Iowa.

    GeneralDate Span
    Letter Book 1892-1898

    Navigation