Celebrate Iowa Gala
Each year, the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs hosts the Celebrate Iowa Gala to support statewide efforts to preserve and share Iowa history for generations to come. Proceeds from the gala support the State Historical Society of Iowa exhibits and initiatives funded by the Iowa Historical Foundation, a 501(c)(3).
Throughout the year, Iowans can also support history by joining the 1857 Society, whose name honors the year the State Historical Society of Iowa was founded. We’re hoping at least 1,857 Iowans will donate $18.57 or $185.70 or even $1,857. Check out this short video and donate today, and please help spread the word.
While the 2019 gala has come and gone, you can replay the fun with a photo gallery and quick video. By all means, feel free to post any of the shots on social media with the hashtag #CelebrateIowa. We’d also like to thank all of the artists, musicians, volunteers, sponsors and partners who helped make the night a success.
In all, more than 650 gala guests helped generate more than $150,000 that will help the State Historical Society of Iowa:
- Conserve three historic airplanes at the State Historical Museum of Iowa.
- Re-launch the mobile museum. Our custom-built, artifact-filled Winnebago finished its first 3-year, 99-county tour in October 2019 and hits the road again with a fascinating new exhibit in March 2020
- Upgrade the research center. Students, genealogists and others will benefit from enhanced technology at the library and archives at the State Historical Building of Iowa.
2019 Iowa Artists & Entertainment
- Amenda Tate's collaborative dance-painting
- Back2Life Des Moines
- B&H Ukulele Club
- Intersection A Cappella
- Iowa Hawkapellas
- Mike Conrad Trio
- Portrait Studio
- The Maytags
2019 Iowa Food & Drinks
- Full Menu
- 2019 Best Iowa Burger from Wood Iron Grille (Oskaloosa)
- 2019 Best Iowa Tenderloin from Goldie's Ice Cream Shoppe (Prairie City)
- Beef Tenderloin from Fareway Stores
- Ami's Cakes and Confections (Ames)
- Court Avenue Restaurant & Brewing Company (Des Moines)
- Crème Cupcake + Dessert (Des Moines)
- THE chocolate SHOP (Marion)
- Scornovacca's Ristorante (Des Moines)
- Buchanan House Winery & Vineyard (Tipton)
- Mississippi River Distilling Company (Le Claire)
- Ziyad Rye (Des Moines)
Your tax-deductible gift to the Iowa Historical Foundation, a 501(c)(3), supports our statewide exhibits, educational programming and initiatives of the State Historical Society of Iowa and the State Historical Museum of Iowa.
Donate online or mail your check to:
Iowa Historical Foundation
600 E. Locust St.
Des Moines, IA 50319