The State Historical Society of Iowa has been a trustee of Iowa’s historical legacy since 1857. With a dual mission of preservation and education, it maintains a museum, two research centers, preservation office, and eight historic sites. The society preserves and provides access to Iowa’s historical resources through a variety of statewide programs, exhibitions and projects while serving as an advocate for Iowa’s past and connector to the future.
- State Historical Museum of Iowa
- Digital Resources for Children
- Educator Resources
- Programs and Events
- State Historic Sites
- State Historical Library & Archives Research Centers
- State Historic Preservation Office of Iowa
- State Historical Society of Iowa Education Programs
Proud Endorser of History Relevance.
Proud Participant of Blue Star Museums and Educating for American Democracy.