CLOSED until further notice
Iowa’s newest generation can learn about those who came before in this exhibition designed especially for children aged 10 and under. With adult supervision, young visitors can literally get their hands on Iowa history by playing with Duplo blocks, creating rubbings with crayons of Iowa symbols to take home, and sitting on a historic tractor.
- Examine a Lego replica of Iowa’s tallest skyscraper, 801 Grand.
- Imagine riding on an Erector Set Ferris wheel.
- Inspect Iowa's state rock, the geode, through a magnifying glass.
- Meet Gregory Lion, a puppet from WOI-TV’s “The Magic Window.”
- Snap a photo atop an old Oliver Super 77 tractor.