Apply for grant funding to help preserve, conserve, interpret, enhance, and educate the public about Iowa’s historical assets. The Historical Resource Development Program provides funding for documentary collections, historic preservation and museums.
- Who: Nonprofits, Governments, Tribes, Individuals, Forprofits
- What: Up to $50,000 with a required match. Match ratios vary.
- When: Deadline to apply has been extended from May 1, 2020 to June 1, 2020 for projects taking place July 1, 2020 - November 30, 2022.
How to Apply
Historical Resource Development Program Annual Grant Cycle
Applications are currently being accepted for the Historical Resource Development Program in all categories.
- Read the General Guidelines and category instructions:
- Read the scoring rubric by category:
- Watch the webinar
- Complete the application
Emergency Historical Resource Development Program
Applications are currently being accepted for the Emergency Historical Resource Development Program in all categories. Funds are limited and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Manage Your Grant
To submit your final report, complete the Final Report and Payment Form online.
Download the State Historical Society of Iowa logo to use on materials promoting your project.
Send images and event details when grant funded project activity is happening. The Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs is dedicated to communicating the impact and value of your project activity through various communication platforms and networks.
Learn more about the Field Services program.