Are you interested in a career in museums? An internship at the State Historical Museum of Iowa is a great way to build your resume and gain real-world experience within the museum profession before graduation.
Internships with the State Historical Society of Iowa are offered year-round. You can apply for fall (September-December), spring (January-May) or summer (June-August) semesters. Internships are offered by a needs-only basis by individual departments. Therefore the number and offerings of internships varies each semester.
Please contact us if you have questions about internship opportunities.
Summer internship applications are currently being accepted for currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students. Apply online by Monday, March 19.
State Historical Building - Des Moines, IA
- Collection Information/Management Technician
- Education Assistant Internship
- Events Internship
- Historic Preservation Conference Internship
- Historic Preservation Office Education Assistant
- Local History Network Surveyor Internship
- Museum Exhibit Internship
- State Archives Internship