RG 030 Economic Development
The forerunner of the current Department of Economic Development, the Iowa Industrial Resources and Defense Council, was established by Governor George A. Wilson in 1940. In 1941 the 49th General Assembly converted the Council into the Iowa Industrial and Defense Commission with the dual mission of contributing to nations defense and to Iowas economic development. The following is a partial list of records from Economic Development in our holdings. A complete list of record series is available at the Research Center in Des Moines.
|Annexation Files of Cities and Towns||1972-1989|
|Minutes and Related Materials||1940-1988|
|Urban Revitalizations to Cities||1972-1986|