Are you interested in a career in museums? An internship at the State Historical Museum of Iowa is a great way to build your resume and gain real-world experience within the museum profession before graduation.
Internships with the State Historical Society of Iowa are offered year-round. You can apply for fall (September-December), spring (January-May) or summer (June-August) semesters. Internships are offered by a needs-only basis by individual departments. Therefore the number and offerings of internships varies each semester.
There are no internship openings for the 2017 spring semester.
Summer semester internship opportunities will be posted in mid-March.
- Current cover letter and resume
- Reference letter from one professional or academic source
- Note: In order to receive college credit, you must make previous arrangements with your school before applying for an internship.
- Average 8-20 hours per week
- Must be available to work Monday - Friday during regular business hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Must attend mandatory orientation at start of internship