- Which two African countries supply over 70 percent of the world's cocoa?
- How much does the average cocoa farmer make each day?
- The article highlights child slave labor in the chocolate industry. What evidence is there that the work these children are doing is dangerous?
- How can this article be used to make the argument that consumers should consider buying Fair Trade certified chocolate products?
- How can this article be used to make the case that a consumer should not necessarily trust Fair Trade logos?
"Child Labor and Slavery in the Chocolate Industry," Food Empowerment Project, 2017. Courtesy of Food Empowerment Project