- When was the first World Population Prospects report filed? What data is factored into the report? Why would those factors be included?
- How fast is world population growing today? How does that compare to ten years ago?
- What was the world population by mid-2017? What is the expected population for 2100? What is the percentage increase between those two time periods?
- What are the two most populated countries on Earth? Why might the population be high in both of those areas?
- What challenges might there be with a world population over 11 billion people?
"World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision, Key Findings and Advance Tables," United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, pp. 1-2, 2017. Courtesy of United Nations