- According to the text:
- What is the predicted balance of sub-Saharan Africans to Europeans by 2100?
- Why is the population in sub-Saharan Africa growing so quickly?
- What is the predicted peak of population by 2100? How will this impact the world?
- According to the video:
- In what year did the world reach one billion people? How long did it take world population to grow from one billion to seven billion?
- According to the U.N., when will world population level off? What is the predicted number?
- What two things are starting to “slow the leak from the bottom of the glass"? Why are these two items so important for humans?
- What three things need to be managed in order to support over ten billion people? Why are these items so important to a world population?
Cole, Adam and Starbard, Maggie, "7 Billion: How Did We Get So Big So Fast?" National Public Radio, 31 October 2011. Courtesy of National Public Radio