Iowa’s creative places can help our state to achieve its long-term vision and goals by:
- Creating new quality of life attractions and enhancing tourism opportunities that draw upon local assets connected to the arts, heritage, and culture.
- Building culturally vibrant and prosperous places that assist with recruiting and retaining a highly skilled workforce;
- Encouraging new businesses and economic development, particularly in rural Iowa.
The State of Iowa offers numerous programs, resources and tools to support communities at all stages of envisioning, developing and preserving creative places. Key programs and resources include:
- Creative Places Project Grant
- Destination Iowa Grant Program (opens May 9, 2022)
- Iowa Great Places Designation and Grant Program (open now; deadline May 2, 2022)
- Iowa Cultural and Entertainment Distict Designation (open now; deadline May 2, 2022)
- Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs Grants
- Learn more about creative placemaking.