Sunspot Literary Journal is seeking articles, essays, even fiction and poems that offer advice and thoughts on the creative life related to any creative form. How-to, features, reports on current trends, commentaries, real experiences, and roundups are some of the areas accepted. Some examples of the kinds of works they are interested in include:
- Writing tips for authors or stories about authors/artists
- Tool roundups for heritage craft producers
- Thoughtful or lyric essays on the creative lifestyle
- Features on the impact of residency programs
- Personal or fictional experiences at retreats
- What to expect from a workshop, or artwork/stories/poetry generated in a workshop paired with a commentary about the process of creating in the workshop
- How to engage with a community or poetry about community outreach
- Marketing advice for authors/artists
There is no limit on word count, although 1,500 to 3,000 words provides the strongest target range.
Payment for these pieces will be $0.01 per word ($50 US maximum per piece). Please include a third-person bio of 50 to 75 words in your cover letter. Pieces will be published in the final 2021 edition, scheduled for release in December.
Learn more and apply by October 31, 2021.