The City of Marshalltown, Iowa, (pop. 27,591) is seeking to partner with a firm for the preliminary design and cost estimate of creating an interactive community water feature to serve all residents of Marshalltown. While most communities would call this a splash pad, Marshalltown is looking for a design to extend beyond the traditional recreational use of a splash pad to create a unique destination in the community that serves all cultures, ages and abilities.
The City of Marshalltown has identified the following design requirements for this project:
1. The consultant must integrate an artist as part of the key staff to be part of the project proposal.
2. The consultant must determine how to utilize the existing plumbing connections in Mega-10 Park as part of this project, as well as provide a site design that encompasses access and seating and other design elements of a unique community destination.
3. The consultant must identify ways in which the site serves all residents and cultural needs in the community.
4. The area is to be for free use of the community and present not barriers for use.
5. The interactive water feature must be recirculating and not wasting water.
For full information, please visit the City of Marshalltown's website.