Historic Preservation Office
Visit the State Historic Preservation Office to learn more about the preservation and protection of Iowa’s historic resources; historic preservation education opportunities and workshops; and state and federal historic preservation programs, including:
- National Register of Historic Places
- Certified Local Government Program
- State and Federal Rehabilitation Tax Incentives
- Review and Compliance Program
- Statewide Inventory of Historic Properties
You are encouraged to make an appointment to ensure the appropriate staff is available to assist you.
State Historical Building – 3rd Floor East
600 E. Locust St.
Des Moines, IA 50319
Wednesday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or by appointment
Closed official state holidays
Complimentary parking is available in State Capitol Complex Parking Garage located at Pennsylvania Ave. and Grand Ave. Metered street parking is also available.