Virtual Arts Experience Grants help Iowa schools and arts organizations engage artists and arts educators to create and present innovative online arts activities, performances and educational content. The grants are designed to promote learning, engagement and greater equity in the fine arts, especially through projects that address and reduce racial, economic or geographic inequities in access to arts experiences across Iowa.
The following two groups are eligible to apply for a Virtual Arts Experience grant:
1. Public and private schools that serve grades pre-K through 12 and are physically located in Iowa whose primary orientation, mission and purpose is education and the awarding of academic credits.
- Minimum Grant Request: $500
- Maximum Grant Request: $1,000
2. Federally tax exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations incorporated and physically located in Iowa.
- Minimum Grant Request: $1,000
- Maximum Grant Request: $10,000
How to Apply
The Virtual Arts Experience grant program is not currently accepting applications. Recent grantees can access the program guidelines online.
Manage Your Grant
See the Grantee Handbook (FY21) to learn how to manage your grant, including contract compliance and publicity.
As a grant recipient, you must complete the final report form by August 1, 2021 to share the impact of the project on arts and culture in Iowa.