Strengthening Communities Grants provide support to organizations committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility for costs associated with the renovation and maintenance of facility infrastructure at facilities located in cities with a population of less than 28,000 as determined by the 2020 federal decennial census.
Funding for the program is made possible through an appropriation of $250,000 by the Iowa Legislature to the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs through the Rebuild Iowa Infrastructure Fund. The program is administered by the Iowa Arts Council on behalf of the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs.
- Who: Federally tax exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations incorporated and physically located in an Iowa city with a population of less than 28,000 as determined by the 2020 federal decennial census and committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- What: $10,000 - $100,000 with a required 1:1/2 match
- When: Application closes November 21, 2022 for facility improvement projects taking place January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2025
How to Apply
- Read the guidelines.
- Watch the recorded informational webinar.
- Contact Jon Berg, at 515-242-6195 or firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions well in advance of application deadlines.
- Submit the application.
Manage Your Grant
See the Grantee Handbook (FY22) to learn how to manage your grant, including contract compliance and publicity.
As a grant recipient, you must complete the final report form at the end of the process and share the impact of the project on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in Iowa.