Apply for funding to develop arts and culture projects that advance creative placemaking as a community workforce or tourism strategy. Creative Places Project Grants provide support for small projects that engage artists, creative workers and cultural organizations to enhance Iowa communities.
Funding for the program is provided by the Iowa Legislature.
- Who: Iowa Nonprofits, Communities
- What: $500 - $2,500 with a 1:1 match requirement
- When: Applications will be accepted on a quarterly basis throughout fiscal year 2023 which runs from July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023.
- May 2, 2022 at 11:59 PM for the funding period of July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023.
- August 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM for the funding period of September 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023.
- November 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM for the funding period of December 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023.
- February 1, 2023 at 11:59 PM for the funding period of March 1, 2023 - June 30, 2023.
How to Apply
Grant Writing Resources
Virtual Office Hours
Drop in on virtual office hours via Zoom to ask program staff questions. Potential applicants are welcome to join at any time during the following open hours to ask questions about applying to the program.
When and How to Join
11:00 a.m., April 11, 2022
11:00 a.m., April 21, 2022
11:00 a.m., July 6, 2022
11:00 a.m., July 21, 2022
11:00 a.m., October 5, 2022
11:00 a.m., October 20, 2022
11:00 a.m., January 11, 2023
11:00 a.m., January 26, 2023
Office Hours Zoom Link
Office Hours Call-In: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 626 286 2564
Automatic closed captioning will be provided. For additional accommodations, please contact the Accessibility Coordinator Lindsay Keast at 515-281-8352 or email@example.com.
Take a look at examples of previously submitted applications. Example applications are for reference only. Programs change from year to year so applicants should ensure they are responding to current application requirements.
Grant Terms and Definitions
Check out the glossary for definitions of grant terms used in the guidelines.
Manage Your Grant
See the Grantee Handbook to learn how to manage your grant, including contract compliance and publicity.
As a grant recipient, you must complete the final report form at the end of the process and share the impact of the project on arts and culture in Iowa.